Online Therapy Services
Depression and Low mood
Bereavement and Loss
Low Desire and Lack of Libido
- Women with low desire and lack of libido are sometimes be diagnosed with Female Sexual Arousal Disorder. For some women, they can also have an inability to achieve orgasm: this is called Female Orgasmic Disorder.
- For men it can be diagnosed as Male Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder. There are many reasons why this happens. What is clear is that it depends on the person’s individual circumstances. It is best treated with a full medical check-up, and psychosexual therapy if it is causing distress.
Pain during intercourse
Pain during intercourse can be diagnosed as Genito pelvic Pain/Penetration Disorder. It affects women who have difficulties when they try to have intercourse. The pain is often described as burning, shooting, throbbing, or cutting. This could be due to physical problems, relationship problems, fears about sex, or a combination of all these factors.
Erectile Problems/ Ejaculation Problems
- Erectile problems (erectile dysfunction) are when men have difficulties with getting or keeping an erection during sexual activity.
- Ejaculation problems covers Premature Ejaculation (sometimes called early or rapid ejaculation), or Delayed Ejaculation in men. This becomes a problem if it is causing distress and relationship difficulties. It is best treated with a full medical
Sexuality / Asexuality
- Sexuality is a broad term describing how you feel sexually. It is what and how you choose to express this within yourself or in partnerships.
- Asexuality is not about someone choosing to be celibate, but more about a lack of sexual attraction to others. Therapy will involve exploring this if the person sees this as a problem. The aim is not to convert someone who wants to continue living this way.
Eating Disorder Therapy
Binge Eating / Compulsive Eating
Binge Eating Disorder/ Compulsive eating is when a person eats an excessive amount of food in a short period of time. It often involves secret eating and the person eats past the point of fullness. They can be left with feelings of guilt and shame about their behaviour.
Bullimia Nervosa (often called Bullima) is a state of being where a person has powerful urges to overeat after food restraint. This is followed by an episode of vomitting/using laxatives/ or excessive exercise as a way to manage weight.
Anorexia Nervosa (often called Anorexia) is a state of being where a person is unable to eat a sufficient amount of food to maintain normal body weight for height and age. The person deliberately restricts food and has an intense fear of gaining weight. This is accompanied by a disturbed body image and an inability to recognise and act on the health risks of being underweight.
Orthorexia is when a person is overly preoccupied with pure and right foods, which often leads to excluding certain food groups that they deem to be unsafe or unclean. Eating foods which they would normally exclude can cause feelings of distress and anxiety.
Conflict and arguments
Lack of trust
How Do I Know if Online Therapy is Right for Me?
If you have been struggling to manage your emotions, thoughts, and behaviours, the world can feel like a lonely place. Online Therapy offers you an opportunity to work through what is keeping you stuck. As a result, you can begin to heal from past and present hurts.
Online Therapy is right for you if you have a private and confidential space where you will not be interrupted. It allows you time and flexibility to have a session from the comfort of your own home. Also, it takes away the need to travel to appointments. If this sounds good for you, I invite you to take the next step. There is no shame in seeking support.